Local Business Links
- High Technology of Rochester. "We are an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides technology-based businesses in the Greater Rochester area with training, consulting, and connections to key resources."
- InfoRochester.com. Publishes a Rochester area business directory. Provides free exchange links to Rochester area businesses.
- NAWBO The Greater Rochester Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (GRC-NAWBO) inspires and empowers women business owners and promotes and supports the growth of women-owned businesses.
- Rochester Business Alliance
- Local Business Councils
- CEO Roundtable. "The Chamber developed the CEO Roundtable in 1990, providing a forum to build camaraderie and trust so that business leaders can share problems--and develop solutions. More than 150 CEOs now participate. The CEO Roundtable offers you bottom line results. Make this opportunity your 'must do' commitment for 2000-2001."
- Gates-Chili Council. "Gates-Chili is a fine community and continues to grow and prosper. We invite you to join other active Gates-Chili business people who have made an investment and pursue further development of their community."
- Greater Rochester Quality Council. "Greater Rochester Quality Council is a collaborative network of organizations and individuals. Our purpose is to stimulate and foster excellence in the products, services, & processes of all organizations & businesses in the community. We promote sharing of resources, learning, & expertise in Quality principles and practices."
- Henrietta Commerce Network. (Henrietta Commerce Network members are business people who are concerned about our businesses, our community and our children’s futures."
- International Business Council.
- Rochester Sales and Marketing Executives Club. "The Rochester Sales and Marketing Executives Club provides an excellent opportunity for critical personal and professional development through targeted monthly speaker programs, workshops and social activities."
- Small Business Council of Rochester. "For many small businesses, the tools and techniques required for profitable new growth have often seemed like well-kept secrets -- something larger firms shared only among themselves. Fortunately, there's really no mystery about the process -- and the Small Business Council of Rochester is now actively assisting companies just like yours to unlock those secrets and achieve significant new levels of success.
The Small Business Council of Rochester consists of more than 450 professional men and women. We represent growth-oriented companies now doing business within the local, national, and international marketplace. Our membership ranges from one-person operations to major corporations that strongly support small business initiatives. We are firmly committed to the successful growth of our firms -- and yours. By working together and surveying our members, we are identifying a host of common business problems, developing effective new solutions, and overcoming the challenges we all encounter in today's rapidly changing business arena.
Our SBC programs feature informative presentations on a wide range of small business concerns, including human resource issues, software, communications, legal and legislative concerns, and marketing techniques."
- Transportation Council. "The objectives of the Transportation Council are the interchange among members of ideas and information concerning traffic and transportation, the provision of a forum for study and free discussion of traffic and transportation problems and the promotion of cooperative relationship and understanding between shippers or receivers and transportation representatives."
- Webster Community Coalition for Economic Development "WCCED's primary goals are to plan, organize and implement local community and economic development activities for the Webster area."
- Women's Council. "Women's Council is a premier organization that continually attracts a membership of diverse professionals. Members are committed to working in partnership and acting as catalysts for each other to pursue an ongoing journey of professional excellence.
Together, we share our talents, skills, experiences, and resources to provide an environment of challenge and opportunity."
- Pathstone. PathStone is a not-for-profit community development and human service organization providing services to low-income families and economically depressed communities throughout New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, Vermont, and Puerto Rico.
- The Rochester Professional Consultants Network provides information, support and networking opportunities to new and established consultants in the greater Rochester New Yoek area, including Monroe County and the Finger Lakes.
City of Rochester, New York links of interest to small business owners
Monroe County, New York links of interest to small business owners
- Monroe County
- PTAC (Rochester Procurement Technical Assistance Center)
- Villages and towns within Monroe County
General City Links
- InfoRochester.com. One of Rochester's oldest and most respected directory of Rochester area information.
Frontier Telephone's Look In the Book white and yellow pages.
Rochester Environment. "If it deals with the environment, Rochester, and the Internet, it's here."
Rochester Living. "RochesterLiving.com is a free, Rochester-centric, electronic postcard web site that leverages the popularity of the Internet to help support local charities and not-for-profit organizations in the Rochester area. Users are able to send 'picture-perfect' photographs and virtual greetings of Rochester-area landmarks and culture via e-mail and a web browser."
Visit Rochester. "Greater Rochester Visitors Association, Inc., 45 East Avenue - Suite 400, • Rochester, NY 14604. Telephone: 800 677-7282 • Fax 716 232-4822 • TTY: 716 546-8484." This site contains a wealth of video content about Rochester.
For more information call SCORE at (585) 263-6473
SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” is a nonprofit volunteer organization, sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration.